libc, libcx, openssl, pcre, pcre2
We released version 0.1.9-1 of libc (Standard Shared Libraries), version 0.7.2-1 of libcx (kLIBC Extension Library), version 1.1.1l-1 of openssl (Utilities from the general purpose cryptography library with TLS implementation), version 8.45-1 of pcre (Perl-compatible regular expression library), version 10.37-1 of pcre2 (Perl-compatible regular expression library)
It is uploaded as rpm to the netlabs rel or exp repository. To install, use either yum or ANPM. If anyone prefers a zip file, those are available at the netlabs rel repo or at the netlabs exp repo.
Non rpm work:
We are making steady progress in stabilizing Chromium.
To be able to finish this all we urgently need more sponsors!!!.
Behind the scenes
There are more projects being worked on. If you are interested in it all, please look at our GitHub repo's.
Again to be able to finish this all we urgently need more sponsors!!!.
What's new in libc:
- logstrict: Fix crash when logging with no groups provided [#112].
- logstrict: Add __LIBC_LOG_MSGF_ALWAYS to ignore log groups when writing message [#113].
- Append LIBC DLL module handle to its shared mutex/memory names [#114].
- Make environ properly reflect empty environment on startup [#100].
- spawnve: Skip empty strings in envp argument [#100].
- setenv: Avoid arbitrary memory overwrite when replacing vars with no = [#102].
- Fix Y2038 bug in DST handling for timezones with DST [#109].
- Change defalt SIGTRAP action to terminate + "core dump" [#111].
- emx/io.h: Prefix nbuf, cbuf, ubuf etc. macros with underscore [#107].
- logging: Fix handling lowercase log groups [#101].
- logstrict: Create log files in system log directory by default [#101].
- logstrict: Make __libc_LogAssert work even on log file creation failure [#101].
- Move EXCEPTQ .TRP reports generated by LIBC to system log directory [#99].
- _isterm: Make it return non-zero only for real console (kbd/scr) devices [#105].
- Write assertions to log file even if no log groups are enabled [#97].
- Log dead LIBCx mutex owner on assertions [#96].
- select: Fix crash with ENOTSOCK and NULL fd sets [#100].
- Append LIBCx DLL module handle to its shared mutex/memory names [#99].
- shmem: Fix broken handle allocation causing assertions and crashes.
- Fix endless hang at startup when no UNIXROOT env. var is set [bitwiseworks/libc#100].
- spawn2: Fix restoring inheritance for parent handles matching child handles [bitwiseworks/git-os2#4].
- spawn2: Support deletion of environment variables [#91].
- handles: Fix crashes due to missing lock in interrupt service [bitwiseworks/qtwebengine-chromium-os2#43].
- handles: libcx_send_handles: Convert no PID assertion to error.
- mmap: Make DosRead workaround not crash after partial unmap [#95].
- Adapt to LIBC logstrict changes (log to /var/log/app now) [bitwiseworks/libc#101].
- README: Do not mention EXCEPTQ any more (we don't install it since version 0.7.0) [bitwiseworks/libc#98].
- select: Implement ENOTSOCK hack to avoid false errors [#94].
- Update to version 1.1.1l
- resync with fedora spec
- update to version 8.45
- updated to version 10.37
To be able to finish our goals we need your support. Please sponsor as much as possible via our webshop or via our Patreon page.
Below you find the current state of all fundraising campaigns to port Qt 5 to OS/2
Qt 5 donation meter
We estimated in 2018 that we need around 42000 €. But it turns out this estimate was too optimistic. As of today 21.01.2021 the new estimate is 7000 € higher, which means 49000 € in total.
As of 23.09.2021 we collected 47860 €.
More on the Qt 5 Port can be found here.